More Accessibility and Viewing Preference Upgrades
By default, the site tries to guess the preference for anyone who has not specifically chosen an accessibility environment. But each member can specifically choose the presentation that best fits him/her.
Simply click “Preferences” at the right of every page (or at the bottom of text-based browsers). The site will then set a cookie that will remember your preference.
The two options are “Visual” and “Accessible”. By default, anyone visiting with Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator and Mozilla Firefox are presumed to want “Visual” until the visitor specifically sets it to accessible in the preferences page. All information will appear fine in the accessible environment in these browsers, but the layout and look may look slightly different.
In the accessible environment, the content of the page appears at the top of the HTML; this means that text-based browsers will not display dozens of menu links before page content.
We recommend that our members specifically set their viewing preferences via their account settings.
- Website Upgrades
Information on upgrades applied to the features and functions on the Artistic Network website.
- New Text Format Tools
- New Music Pages
- Troubleshooting Page Now Online
- Page Errors fixed, New Ones Found
- First Name Bug Fixed
- Character Set Changed
- New Topics added to Article Menus
- Events Search Utility Upgraded
- Feature Search Upgrade
- Viewing Preference Upgrade
- Accessibility Upgrades
- More Accessibility and Viewing Preference Upgrades
- Major Site Upgrades
- New Artist Marketing Tools
- Member Newsletter Subscription Form
- Guestbook System Updates
- FireFox Form Display Fix
- Document Search Results Upgrade
- Guest Icon Size Requirement Changed
- New Email Verification Enforcement
- Featured Articles Procedure Change
- New Account Email Options
- Hit Counter Update
- Major Media File Upgrades
- RSS Feed for Artists
- RSS Feed Updated
- New Visual Upgrades
- Join Form Updated
- New Username and Password Restrictions
- Artistic Network upgrades to Webonizer
- New Upgrades
- New WYSIWYG Editor for Articles